"But that's My job! The intricacies of relationships between PMs and BAs"by Jim Whitney
In this presentation, Jim will talk about how the two roles can work together collaboratively and without creating a conflict of interests. Having experience on both sides, he will share some keys to success of the PM−BA partnership of both getting the project done on time and done correctly.
About the Speaker
Jim Whitney is a senior consultant with the Desai Management Consulting group, currently working on the Vermont Health Connect project as a Business Analyst. Prior to joining Desai, he divided his time between StrateQi Management Systems, Inc., working with clients on process improvement, and Champlain College, where he was Director of the Business and Management program, teaching strategy in the graduate and undergraduate programs. He has also taught a variety of workshops in Champlain College’s professional development program and at Dartmouth’s Thayer School of Engineering.
Jim is a member of Green Mountain IIBA, PMI, and the American Society for Quality, where he served as Chair of the Vermont chapter. He holds an MBA, is a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, and is an ASQ-certified Lead Quality Auditor.
Earn 2 PDUs on technical expertise while enjoying an engaging presentation and a delicious dinner.
Date: Thursday, February 18 2016
Time: 5:30 PM - 8:15 PM
Location: Doubletree Hotel, 1117 Williston Rd., South Burlington
Members: $35.00 (Must log in first as a Member before Registering)
Online Registration late fee ($5.00) will be added after February 15 2016
Event sponsored in part by :
|University of Vermont||Desai Management Consulting|
To claim 2 PDU's for attending dinner events, follow the directions below
- Go to http://www.pmi.org/
- Log in
- Click on myPMI on the drop down menu
- Look for “Certification Status – earn and report PDUs” located on the right hand side
- Click on Report PDU
- Select "Organization Meeting"
- In the Organization/Host ID field, enter C109 and click on PMI Champlain Valley Chapter
- In the Title field, put a description like "January Dinner Meeting"
- Select the number of PDU out of the 3 categories based on the meeting information supplied by the PMICV event (Leadership and/or Technical and/or Strategic)
- Click that you agree this claim is accurate.
- Click “Submit”
- Look for email confirmation.
2016 Schedule of Events
|Event||Date||PDU Amount and Category|
|January Mentoring Activity||Thursday, January 14|
|January Dinner Meeting||Tuesday, January 19||2PDU on Leadership|
|January TPC networking event||Thursday, January 28
|February Dinner Meeting||Thursday, February 18||2PDU on Technical|
|March Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, March 23|
|April Symposium||Friday, April 8|
|May Dinner Meeting||Thursday, May 18|
|September Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, Sept. 21|
|October Dinner Meeting||Wednesday, October 19|